The Healthy Texas Youth Ambassador Program is for teens that are motivated, excited, and ready to make a change in their community! This program is designed for high school age youth who have a passion for health and wellness. These youth are trained at the regional level to become youth health experts who can motivate others to make a change in their lifestyle to improve their health. More importantly, these ambassadors assist local county extension agents with program efforts, project activities, and much more!
- Be in at least the 9th grade
- Submit completed application to the local county extension office and be approved for participation
What does the program entail?
After youth are accepted to the local program, they must fulfill the following obligations:
- Complete and report 40 hours of leadership, program efforts, or community service annually
- Attend face-to-face and online training
- Complete a 2 year term, unless you complete high school before your term is complete
For more information, contact Julie Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019-20 Reporting System (June 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021):
County Extension Agent Materials: