Healthy Texas Youth Ambassadors
We train high-school age youth who have a passion for health and wellness to motivate others to change their lifestyles and improve their health.
The Healthy Texas Youth Ambassador Program is for teens that are motivated, excited, and ready to make a change in their community! This program is designed for high school age youth who have a passion for health and wellness. These youth are trained at the regional level to become youth health experts who can motivate others to make a change in their lifestyle to improve their health. More importantly, these ambassadors assist local county extension agents with program efforts, project activities, and much more!
- Be in at least the 9th grade
- Submit completed application to the local county extension office and be approved
What does the program entail?
After youth are accepted to the local program, they must fulfill the following obligations:
- Complete and report 40 hours of leadership, program efforts or community service annually.
- Attend face-to-face and online trainings.
- Complete a two-year term, unless you complete high school before your term is complete.
For more information, contact Julie Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org
2022-2023 Healthy Texas Youth Ambassadors
2022-23 Reporting System (June 1, 2022 – May 31, 2023):
County Extension Agent Materials:
2023-2024 Healthy Texas Youth Ambassadors
2023 HTYA Super Summit | June 4-5 | College Station, TX
2023-24 Reporting System (June 1, 2023 – May 31, 2024)
- 2023-2024 HTYA Reporting Link [will be live on June 1, 2023]
- 2023-2024 Reporting Instructions
- 2023-2024 Do’s & Don’t’s