The Healthy Texas Youth Ambassador Program is looking for teens that are motivated, excited, and ready to make a change in their community! This program is designed for high school age youth who have a passion for health and wellness. These youth will be trained at the regional level to become youth health experts who can motivate others to make a change in their lifestyle to improve their health. More importantly, these ambassadors will assist local county extension agents with program efforts, project activities, and much more!
- Be in at least the 9th grade at beginning of the 2019-2020 school year
- Submit completed application to the local county extension office
- Be academically eligible
What does the program entail?
After youth are accepted to the local program, they must fulfill the following obligations:
- Complete and report 50 hours of leadership, program efforts, or community service annually.
- Attend face-to-face and online trainings.
- Complete a 2 year term, unless you complete high school before your term is complete.
For more information, contact Julie Gardner at email@example.com
2018-19 Reporting System (June 1, 2018 – May 1, 2019):
2019-20 Healthy Texas Youth Ambassadors Information Materials:
County Extension Agent Materials:
Local Training Resources for Agents: